Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ok... Where's Ashton? I'm being punked right?!

The topics my friends and I have chose lately have been serious, so we decided to be light and funny today. The topic at hand is "Worst Date Ever" and although I can laugh now, it was NOT funny then! (Hope he never sees this!!!) Out of respect for him, I'll refer to him as "LARRY".

So in 2012, I was working at a bank. There was a gentleman who came in from time to time, to handle the deposits of the store he managed. We both attended UK together, but had never had a conversation. I had heard things about Larry from mutual friends, but nothing too bad. He eventually added me on fb and struck up a conversation. We eventually exchanged numbers and had several text convos. During one about preferences, we bumped heads about him calling the mother of his child a bitch and my not wanting to date a guy with children or someone who excessively drinks/smokes. He apologized for the derogatory word and we continued our conversation. HE decided to meet me in a club on 4th street. Let me put this disclaimer out though: I was hosting a free party I received and he decided that would be a good time for him to come and have our first date. I thought it would be ALL women and had invited my friend to bring her books/products for an impromptu fantasy party.

He arrives first, got me a drink and we're having lite conversation. After a while, my friends trickle in and we move to the back table. The two of us order and receive our food first. He declines to eat until all of the ladies receive their food (kudos) and then sh*t started going down the drain. He then asked about cock rings. Y'all I just about chocked on my food. Noticing my horror, he explains that his doctor suggested he get one. In college he could go all night and now he's got about 2 minutes in him. My friend proceeds to show him products and talk about them, but I have mentally checked out. My friend, Dre text me and ask if it's okay to come by and I tell him "YES," while silently thanking 8 pound baby Jesus, swaddled in a manager.

Dre then shows up and speaks to everyone. I introduce him to "my date" and Larry's disposition immediately changes! We're all laughing, joking and sharing food. About 10 minutes had gone by and I realized Larry had been gone to get his 5th drink way too long. I got to go to the bathroom and when I came out he was standing in a corner behind a door looking like a runaway refugee. He grabs me and hugs me really, really tight and proceeds to tell me he got up because Dre is light skin and he doesn't get along with light skin guys. I removed myself from his embrace and balked at his words. I started to walk away, but turned around. I don't remember the specific words, but I let him know Dre was one of my best friends and he wasn't going away. Deal with it or leave me alone. (Secretly I was hoping for the latter and looking for Ashton Kutcher at this point)

Dinner ended and we decided to move the party to Prime. After the exchange of words in the corridor and him paying his bill before leaving, I was certain that was the last I would hear from him... NOPE!!

He shows up at Prime and offers to buy me a drink. I decline and frown at the fact that he is still drinking and will later drive!! He notices my displeased look and announces that he has to PISS! (Ashton, you can come out now). I proceed to the front  of the club and start having a convo with the party promoter, Danny and my friend Jamise. Larry returns from the bathroom with ANOTHER drink, SMH! He speaks to Jamise (they went to high school together) and then turns his attention to me and begins the following tirade...

"You know what your problem is? You not use to a real n*gga. Yeah. (chuckles and nods while spilling the contents of his drink) Real n*ggas got kids! Real n*ggas drink! Real n*ggas smoke! Real n*ggas get loud. Real n*ggas can do what the f__k they want. Like tonight, Imma stay out til about 5 o'clock in the morning and then get up and go to work. You know why? Cause I'm a real n*gga."
 
With each word he got increasingly louder and animated. Jamise got up to intervene but Danny put his hand on her shoulder to make her sit down. Security moved in between us looking at him, but asking if I was okay. I nodded and Danny scooted me closer towards him and Jamise. I wasn't scared or mad, just shocked. He backed up a few steps, while trying to explain that I was stuck up and needed to be schooled but security instructed him to refrain from talking to me. He finally walked away. One of the guards watched me get in my car and I went home. I called my homegirl to relay the story, we laughed but I was in disbelief still.
 
The next day, he asked me to go out. I almost threw my phone. WHAT?! Are you insane? I politely declined and informed him that his behavior was unacceptable. If I saw him out I would speak but further communication was pointless. He said OK, but 9 hours later he sent me a barrage of text messages about him being a "G" and he couldn't believe I had turned him down. (Blank Stare) I didn't respond.


Looking back, I should have diswayed him from coming to 4th street at all, but in a sense, I am glad it happened in front of other people. It took a whole year before I went on another date.

No comments:

Post a Comment