Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 14 of 30: Dream Wedding

(Takes a deep breath) To know me is to know this is a day I can't wait for, I think I have planned it a million times and now my vision is even easier to attain with Pinterest!!!

The wedding last what 20 minutes, give or take. So the most important part and what I look forward to the most is the reception!!!

So here's what I know, weddings are often synonymous with stress or stress and in the words of Sweet Brown "Ain't NOBODY got time for that!" I think I have made it pretty clear that I'm not really open to everyone's suggestions about pretty much ANYTHING!! Not about to argue with family members or friends about who should be in my wedding, food, color scheme or anything else. Want it your way... get married!

Any who, here are my ideas:

I want a classical feel for the wedding. I think I want my bridesmaids to wear black strapless dresses with sweetheart necklines, floor length and some type of intricate belt. I think I want them to wear gloves. Hair in a updo or pinned to the side. Red lips and smoky eyes.

For colors I am leaning towards purple but teal is a strong contender. I want the bouquets to fade in color, with the darkest color starting in the back and fading to the lightest shade and mine will probably be white with pearls and some bling in and around it.

I want the guys to either wear black tuxes or black pants with grey jackets (back lapels).

I wanted to put my nieces in but I have 4 and they range from ages (14-4) so I think I will refrain from that. I think I will have baby Jeff be the ring bearer (depending on what age he is).

I want an all white and glass reception with purple lighting to set it off!!! Depending on what type of accessories we wear, I will use silver or gold to accent it. I believe I want to do it all in one place, wedding and reception!


I'm pretty set on having a mermaid style dress! Something flirty, fun and sexy! I'm not into changing dresses, so I will have to absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! Here are 2 I found, I like I don't know who makes the lace one but I think my butt will look fantastic in it. If you can tell me the designer, I will love you for life. I keep searching and no results.



My mom probably will be the most difficult part. Partially because I think she believes this is equally OUR day (SMH) and she is picky about dresses!

My dad and I already know we're dancing to "So Fresh & So Clean," that dude loves that song!! Of course we'll do a slow song, but not Beyoncé "Daddy." I am so tired of that song!!

A candy buffet and cupcakes everywhere!!!

Really, I just want everyone to be merry, shake their groove things and party like it's going out of style!!

Corniesa, is going to have her photo booth there for me!!! Love her!

Zellner will probably be my DJ!

There's a lady in Rebecca's Bridal that helped my friend AK with her wedding and she will def be who I use! She was like a real life J.Lo in Wedding Planner, well except she wasn't Puerto Rican.

I'll let my hair stylist, Tomeka Shelton do my hair however she likes. I'm still hesitant on a veil!

FOOD, has to be great! My inner fat girl will have a meltdown if it sucks. All that foolishness my friends went through being stressed and not eating... I am not about that life! I will eat!




No comments:

Post a Comment