Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 17 of 30: Choose: trust or love

Having been in a relationship where I wasn't secure enough to know that love could not and would not hold us together. I know without a doubt I prefer TRUST.

It's exhausting to go through voicemails, argue about Facebook posts and at the time, myspace top 10's, why you call her a "sister" and any other fooley wang I put myself through. I was young and dumb and had not truly been honest with myself. (Refer to Day 8)

On the flip side, I have seen couples where one person may or may not be cheating and saw how the other person was always in a sour mood or flipping out.

He/she speaks to the waiter and you flip out.
Someone comments on his/her Facebook status and you demand they be blocked or you go on their post and cuss them out.
You can't believe they can have an amicable relationship with an ex or that platonic friendships exist. Going through his phone or checking his bill. Riding past his house....

Just CRAZY!!!! And if I am exhausted watching it, you have to be exhausted doing or putting up with it.

That type of behavior is crazy as hell and probably conducive to ulcers, headaches and all types of stress. The craziest thing about it is, you DON'T have to put yourself through that!!!

If trust doesn't exist, insecurities and other issues will outweigh the love! It's that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment