Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 2 of 30... Who or what can't you live without?

Been thinking about this question all day and I came up with nothing....

Sure, I could ramble on and say:

My parents but the reality is one day we will all go to heaven and I, nor they (God forbid I go first) can stop living because the circle of life is taking place.

Music... As much as I love it, if i had to do without it, I would learn to adapt. (I think)

Food... Sure it's tasty and on a bad day can soothe some moments away temporarily but that just feels so wrong to say food. Almost like idolatry!

TV.... entertaining, but I'm sure I could live without it!

Sex... I don't have it now, so i know I can live without that! (Remind me to blog about that)

Clothes, shoes, cars, money, nail polish and the list goes ON & ON & ON, but none of these things seems to hold the volume of meaning needed to stop my life or break me down because I don't have them.

And then it dawned on me..... LOVE!! Love, whether it's loving me and the skin I'm in, or loving those around me, seeing love in these sappy romantic comedies I love how awesome it feels and radiates on the faces of those being loved and how different the definition is from one person to the next!!! And, I'm not just limiting it to love between lovers.

The look a mother has for her newborn and the way the father looks at the mother after the birth... LOVE!

The look a child has when they mess up and aren't proud of what they did, but are certain their parent(s) loves them no matter what... LOVE!

The way a couple that just got married gazes into each other's eyes and tears are flowing while reciting words coming from their heart and souls.... LOVE!

The way a child who everyone else counted out walks across the stage for high school or college graduation and that support system they have is beaming with joy... LOVE!

Seeing a soldier come home on TV and be disfigured and amputated and his/her family be so proud of them and promise to help them through the struggles that they face... LOVE! (Seing the soldiers come home period!!!!)

The examples could flow for days, so I'll stop here! (Feeling a little misty eyed)

3 comments:

  1. I like this and it's TRUE! At least for me and as big as I am, I to know I could go without FOOD if need be. HAHAHHA. Cute blog Tu.

    ReplyDelete